Friday 6 November 2009

Sorry We Have Been Away

If you have been wondering where we have got to, then I shall explain. We arrived one day for our usual group club, and found that we had no internet connection. We found this very inconvienant, and it was because someone hadn't paid the bill. This had been going on for a few weeks when suddenly we arrived one day and found that we had been reconnected. We are all very pleased, and keeping our fingers crossed that it will stay this way.
Several of our members recently went on an outing with other residents from Sellwood Gardens. At first they thought it was a mystery trip as they travelled around the fens. Places such as New York, Midville, Spilsby, Toynton all Saints, Boston and a few others, which they can't seem to remember. I think it was the shock of Syd being so quiet on the coach. It was so quiet, they thought that they had left him behind. But I think he made up for it over lunch. This was at The Bull Donnington, they were there for two and a half hours. The meal was very good and the coach driver gave a running comentry throughout the trip. Everyone said they had a lovely day.

We are still without Bren. We understand that she has had an operation and is still in hospital, so we wish her a speedy recovery, and hope she will be back soon. Joyce two has had an operation on her other hand, and is doing well. Heidi is going into hospital on Nov. 11th, to seek treatment on her knee. At this time she is not sure whether she will be having the knee cleaned or whether she will have to have a knee re-placement. Our thoughts are with both Heide and Syd at this worrying time. I (Ann), am doing my best to lose weight after having lapband surgery last December. Throughout the year I have been struggling to do this and getting my portion sizes about right. I have been trying to get to a target that I set myself, for several weeks, and I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen. Well I am delighted to tell you that I got there last Tuesday 27th October. I was so pleased I wanted to shout from the roof tops. Getting to this target has given me the energy to try harder, and I shall be setting myself another target to achieve.
Now that summer has passed, we are not looking forward to the winter months. So we all hope that we have a mild one, so that we are all able to get about, doing the things that we need to do.

Edited by Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment